Monday, October 6, 2008

social design project 2

For my second social design project, I'm going to pursue the bracelet idea I had talked about earlier. I'm thinking to expand the scope out from just a bracelet to a series of pieces. (original post)
I want to make these pieces something that can be mass-produced and marketed. So that to me means smart design- is there a recycled plastic I can use? I'm currently planning to RP these- what are my material options. Would it be better to fabricate them? Possibly Smile Plastics?
Considerations: ease of use, appearance, material choices.
Possibilities: bracelet, belt buckle, clip-on attachment for purse, pendant, keychain fob?
It doesn't seem that there has been much of anything done to tackle this from a wearbles persective.
Potential issues: Will people use them? What to do with the trash after it has been picked up- display/portability?

No comments: